[tz] Astrolabe dismisses suit

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 27 23:47:21 UTC 2012

I join Paul Eggert in thanking the groups that helped handle the legal and
technical challenges posed by the lawsuit:
the Electronic Frontier Foundation, Fish and Richardson, the Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (and the Assigned Numbers
Authority), and the Internet Engineering Task Force (and its Steering
Group).

I was heartened by the messages and offers of support from folks on the
time zone mailing list,
as well as from folks who learned of events from other sources; I thank you
all.

Robert Elz and Kim Davies have done exemplary computer-side work on zero
notice and in trying circumstances;
I very much appreciate it.

And I'm grateful to my co-defendant Paul who provided valuable advice and
encouragement when I could most make use of it.

I intend to start weighing in on matters both small (Busingen) and large
(coordination) once kre gets 2012a out the door.

        --ado