[tz] DST rule for Samoa

Tim Parenti tim at timtimeonline.com
Tue Jan 3 23:10:20 UTC 2012

I believe that the parenthetical reference to New Zealand time being
+12/+13 was only intended to point out what time it is *there*.  The
reference to Samoa being one hour ahead is a generalization, but it may be
one that's unintentionally too broad.

Although the dates (and times!) for Samoa's DST changes do indeed match up
for the current 2011–2012 season, the fact that similar dates for 2012–2013
and beyond haven't yet been announced makes me wary of rushing to the
conclusion that Samoa intends to be in strict accordance with NZ DST rules
for the foreseeable future.  If, in time, the announced dates for future
years continue to line up and there's some governmental indication that
they intend to keep it that way for a while, I'd be in favor of creating a
generalized rule... but not until then.

--
Tim Parenti