[tz] unofficial tz repository on github

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Fri Jul 20 03:32:27 UTC 2012

On 07/19/2012 03:50 AM, Steffen Daode Nurpmeso wrote:
> SCCS is a POSIX tool that works pretty good,

It's a fine tool, but to be honest I was an RCS guy
back in the day, and anyway version-control
systems have moved on.  These days I typically use
a distributed version control system and I'd rather not
be limited to the local data model of SCCS or RCS,
as that model makes it too much of a hassle to maintain stuff
from the various computers that I use daily.

There are many plausible DVCS systems out there,
but git is a reasonable choice in that space, partly
because I use it daily in other projects.