[tz] Another Newbie question

Donald MacQueen dmacq at erols.com
Tue Jun 12 15:32:48 UTC 2012

The background is that I have added timezone support to our
multi-platform application.

To test our app on Windows, I used zoneinfo copied from a Fedora
distribution, and I have 143 units tests that test time zones like
'right/America/Detroit', 'posix/America/Detroit', 'US/Eastern', and
'America/Detroit'.

But when I run 'for f in *; do zic -d someOutputDir $f;done' on the
latest data from iana.org, I get 'America/Detroit' but not
'right/America/Detroit', 'posix/America/Detroit', or 'US/Eastern'.

How come? How are they generated on Linux OS's?

Thanks

--
Donald [|]

A bad day in [] is better than a good day in {}