[tz] Wikipedia - blocking time zone contributors - massive insertion of errors by AlanM1 - win-win if people cooperate

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Wed Jun 6 02:01:38 UTC 2012

I think this is the biggest issue with Conradi. I believe he has made
'some' valuable comments and contributions over the last month (some -
but not all), but his attitude has turned the majority of this list
against him whether he has any points that have any merit or not.

Mr. Conradi, if you so dearly want to 'fix bugs' in the db, as much as
we all do, I would suggest you learn how to present your suggestions as
just that - suggestions - and with humility. Maybe its an issue you have
with translation, or perhaps something else, but your presentation has
turned most people off providing you any futrther support for your
ideas. You would have gotten a lot further by granting those that have
been on this list as contributors or maintainers some respect; and I
assure you that if you had done that that you might have gained more
consideration for your 'suggestions'.

If you have a suggestion for the database, please state it as a
suggestion, and back up your suggestion with documentation - and stop
accusing others of not doing their part. That would help us all.