[tz] Easy conversion to MySQL?

Yann Gascard / VPA President president at virtualpilots.org
Wed Mar 21 09:19:03 UTC 2012

Hello,

I'm normally using MySQL timezone description table
(http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/timezones.html). But lately they are not
that reactive there. Is anybody able to help me finding a way to
generate these description table easily by myself?
I got to use them as hosting provider I've got is not updating PHP
timezones and I need an up to date reference.

I don't have a Unix system. I can access to a Mac OS X one but even this
one is really out of date (even with a system up to date). So I can't
generate the tables using the mysql_tzinfo_to_sql there either :(**
<http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.5/en/mysql-tzinfo-to-sql.html>

Thanks a lot! :)
*Yann Gascard* - President
Virtual Pilots Association