[tz] Bugs in Russia - Seven month past since 2011-09-17 - still not fixed

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:13:55 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 6:33 PM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> On Wed, May 02, 2012 at 11:09:14PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> [...]
>> What is Omsk time ??   Aside from its name, what is its offset from UTC,
>> and how has that altered through history?   (What dates and times, if
>> any, did Omsk time alter its UTC offset?)
>
> The reporter has succeeded to confuse almost everybody. :)
My definition of "everybody" does not allow you to deduct that from
the information shared on the tzdb.

> There is a good link on the subject of Omsk Time, with references:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omsk_Time
With currently the last edit on 14 October, that is not so long after
my report of the bug to the tz mailing list. So the tz editor in
question did not get confused and was outside your "almost everybody".

And even worse, the bug was already made obvious in February 2011 in
Wikipedia at what you claim to be a "good link"
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Omsk_Time&diff=415203440&oldid=415203111

And the WP editor in question got blocked as a sock puppet of ...
User:Tobias_Conradi.

Was it Tobias Conradi under another account?

And it is so easy to find the "good link", but tz mailing list Tobias
Conradi "succeeds in confusing almost everybody".

Very powerful he seems to be to you.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18