[tz] proposed changes: past Altai/Tomsk time zone shifts

OvV_HN ovv at hetnet.nl
Thu May 3 18:07:02 UTC 2012

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Thu May 3 15:02:15 UTC 2012

First I suggest to change "[This region consists of]" as e.g. in
! # From Oscar van Vlijmen (2001-08-25): [This region consists of]
to "[This zone consists of]" since I assume "region" here refers to
the tzdb zone.

Second I suggest to
A) either use the names of the country subdivisions as in the
Wikipedia article names......

etc., etc.

Reply:

With respect, but you can do whatever you want, TZ can do whatever they
want, I don't care, but my advice would be: just stick as close as you can
get (with a reasonable transliteration) to the official region names, as
stated in the law regarding time zones, to be foud at:
http://www.garant.ru/hotlaw/federal/346568/
(in Russian).

Oscar van Vlijmen