[tz] Sakha Republic bugs - eight months passed - still not fixed

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Sat May 5 23:44:41 UTC 2012

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 04:06:42PM -0400, Arthur David Olson wrote:
> I'm trying to determine the instant when clocks in time-zone-shifting parts
> of Russia
> changed in September 2011, using sources provided by Alexander Krivenyshev
> and Tobias Conradi.
>
> One source is...
>     http://government.ru/gov/results/16355/
> ...which, according to translate.google.com, begins "Decree of August 31,
> 2011 No 725"
> and contains no other dates or "effective date" information.
>
> Another source is...
>     http://www.rg.ru/2011/09/06/chas-zona-dok.html
> ...which, according to translate.google.com, begins "Resolution of the
> Government of
> the Russian Federation on August 31, 2011 N 725" and also contains
> "Date first official publication: September 6, 2011
> Posted on: in the "RG" - Federal Issue number 5573 September 6, 2011"
> but whcih does not contain any "effective date" information.
>
> Another source is...
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oymyakonsky_District#cite_note-RuTime-7
> ...which, in note 8, contains "Resolution #725 of August 31, 2011...
> Effective as of after 7 days following the day of the official publication"
> but which does not contain any reference to September 6, 2011.

According to the law (see http://base.garant.ru/10123081/ or
http://base.consultant.ru/cons/cgi/online.cgi?req=doc;base=LAW;n=121781;fld=134;dst=100016)
the date when the resolution come into effect depends whether it affects
the rights, freedoms and duties of people.  If yes, then it come into
effect simultaneously on the entire territory of the Russian Federation
upon the expiry of 7 days after the day of its first official publication,
that is, after 6+7=13 of September.  If no, then it come into effect from
the date of signing, that is, August 31.  From my PoV, it is the first
case.

> Tobias Conradi combines Wikipedia's "on or after 7 days following the day
> of the official publication"
> with www.rg.ru's "Date of first official publication: September 6, 2011" to
> get
> September 13, 2011 as the cutover date (unusually, a Tuesday, as Tobias
> Conradi notes).
>
> None of the sources indicates a time of day for changing clocks.

I suppose there was no actual clock change.  The resolution #725 is not
about changing clocks, it contains no such instructions whatsoever.

> Is September 13 the right date? What's the right time of day?

Assuming that the day is "after September 13", one can suppose
it should be 00:00 of September 14.

--
ldv