[tz] Sakha Republic bugs - eight months passed - still not fixed

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Mon May 7 04:12:47 UTC 2012

On Sun, May 6, 2012 at 1:44 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 04:06:42PM -0400, Arthur David Olson wrote:
>> Tobias Conradi combines Wikipedia's "on or after 7 days following the day
>> of the official publication"
>> with www.rg.ru's "Date of first official publication: September 6, 2011" to
>> get
>> September 13, 2011 as the cutover date (unusually, a Tuesday, as Tobias
>> Conradi notes).
>>
>> None of the sources indicates a time of day for changing clocks.
>
> I suppose there was no actual clock change.  The resolution #725 is not
> about changing clocks, it contains no such instructions whatsoever.
It replaces old instructions, which can result in changes. Details
supporting this have been provided at
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017688.html

Still, it can be wrong, but then it would be nice to see evidence for
an error in the above reasoning.

>> Is September 13 the right date? What's the right time of day?
>
> Assuming that the day is "after September 13", one can suppose
> it should be 00:00 of September 14.
According to
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_Russia
DST changes have been carried out 02:00 local time.

So maybe the 00:00 is local time (before the change). But depending on
the direction of the move that could mean a repetition of the time
between 23:00 and 24:00 - has anyone seen that happening in Russia in
the last 20 years? Maybe someone who can Google in Russian can search
for changeover time, maybe trying to find 00:00 or 02:00?

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/