[tz] Housekeeping

Marshall Eubanks marshall.eubanks at gmail.com
Wed May 9 15:25:51 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Kim Davies <kim.davies at icann.org> wrote:

> On May 9, 2012, at 6:38 AM, David Braverman wrote:
>
> Yesterday I asserted that Paul Eggert was confirmed as the list coordinator
> about four weeks ago. I’ve since gone back through the archive and didn’t
> find an formal announcement. Can someone at IANA or in the IESG send
> official word?
>

> Paul Eggert is the designated "TZ Coordinator" as described in RFC 6557.
>
> As for list coordinator, right now I am the one filtering through the spam
> in the moderator queue and tweaking Mailman configurations until things are
> bedded down.

These Coordinator's powers over a mailing list are the same as a WG
Chair. Relevant here is this IESG statement

http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/disruptive-posting.html

IESG Statement on Disruptive Posting
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/disruptive-posting.html

The administrators of such lists are authorized to suspend disruptive
posters for periods of not more than 30 days, typically after one or
more explicit and public warnings, and consultation with an Area
Director.

see also

IESG Guidance on the Moderation of IETF Working Group Mailing Lists
http://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/moderated-lists.html

Regards
Marshall