[tz] Propose to improve where to find rules for "Indian/Kerguelen"

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sat May 12 03:12:04 UTC 2012

On 05/11/2012 07:19 PM, Tobias Conradi wrote:
> - to create a file "indian"

We haven't created a file like that since 1988
(when we added "africa" and "antarctica").  If we
add "indian" then for consistency we should also
create "atlantic" and "pacific" and "arctic"
as well, and move a lot of stuff around, to be
consistent, with lots of fun decisions to make
about borderline cases.  It's not clear that such a
reorganization would overall be a win; these days, it
might even make more sense to have one big text file
than several little ones, if only to avoid
arguments over how many files there should be and
which entries should be in which file.