[tz] Propose to improve where to find rules for "Indian/Kerguelen"

David Patte dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat May 12 03:43:48 UTC 2012

Since the subject is open, i personally have a huge issue with America/
being a primary timezone name. There is something jarring about
'America/Havana' or 'America/Toronto' or  'America/Caracas'.

One has to admit that many people in the western hemisphere find it
insulting that their cities are listed in 'America', considering how
that handle has generally be co-opted by the USA. There are already too
many zones in 'America' anyway, making the average person totally
confused by the choice of 'America' as a primary group.

A very clean solution fits into this discussion. I'd personally like to
see America split into 'North_America', 'South_America' and 'Atlantic'.