[tz] Tz-announce list

Ángel González keisial at gmail.com
Sat May 12 22:13:22 UTC 2012

+1 to the tz-announce proposal.
It's common in most projects, and I find it as useful.

I agree with Dirkjan that they should go to both ml.

As for having a special keyword in the subject, it can be having just
the word "released".

On 12/05/12 22:51, Bennett Todd wrote:

> I agree entirely, and nicely put.
>
> Aside from a distinct announce list, the same need could be met other
> ways, instead or in addition.

It can be added, but I don't think they are as good as a replacement,
because these are pull methods, while a tz-announce is a push method.
You get notified when there's a new release, instead of needing to check
repeatedly when does a release happen.

> A stylized Subject on the announcement postings, or other attribute,
> documented as an official service that people could commit to code.

Still, if they were to filter everything but announcements, it'd be
preferable to only deliver them (tz-announce).

> A release announcement file that's uploaded along with the files that
> marks the upload as a committed new release, rather than a transient
> state. That could be as simple as a symlink that always points to the
> current release.

This is good for rules creating packages of the last release, but
doesn't announce them.

> An RSS feed of release announcements.

It's fine, but a pull method.

Regards