[tz] Infrastructure - ftp timestamps for .gz not showing creation time

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Fri May 18 15:52:32 UTC 2012

On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 5:23 PM, Andrew Paprocki <andrew at ishiboo.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 18, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Tobias Conradi
> <tobias.conradi at gmail.com> wrote:
>> ftp://ftp.iana.org/tz/releases/ failing to show the timestamps for
>> archive creation time, showing 2011-10-13 00:00:00 instead until
>> release of
>> tzcode2011i.tar.gz and tzdata2011m.tar.gz inclusive.
>
> If it helps, someone has graciously imported the entire tzdata/tzcode
> history
until 2011n it seems, and I found no list for the releases.

> into github, preserving the timestamps.
I downloaded some archives from ftp.iana,org and inside them the
timestamps were different from the above reported 2011-10-13 00:00:00.

Maybe only the upload of the archives was performed with a command
which was setting creation time (or last change time) to upload time.

In github I could not find the archive files, and therefor not the
creation (or last changed) timestamps for these archives.

> So you can use all of
> github's features for browsing the zoneinfo history. For example,
> "blame" on northamerica:
>
> https://github.com/valodzka/tzdata/blame/master/northamerica
Thank you.

--