[tz] Theory - proposal to delete the reference to population

Tim Thornton tt at smartcomsoftware.com
Fri May 18 16:28:39 UTC 2012

I cannot give a treaty or anything, but a lot of my work is for shipping,
and I can confirm that ships may maintain whatever time the captain wants.
For example, on cross-channel ferries between Dover and Calais where the
trip takes much less than an hour, they do not adjust ship's time by an hour
every time they go between UK (GMT) and French (+1) times.
Tim

Smartcom Software Ltd
Portsmouth Technopole
Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth PO2 8FA
United Kingdom

www.smartcomsoftware.com

Smartcom Software is a limited company registered in England and Wales,
registered number 05641521.