[tz] Theory - proposal to delete the reference to population

Paul Goyette pgoyette at juniper.net
Sat May 19 00:15:13 UTC 2012

I personally _have_ been captain of a ship crossing the Pacific
Ocean several years ago.  Shipboard clocks were always set to
reflect local time when entering territorial waters.

And, while we were in international waters, as captain I ordered
clocks to be adjusted as we crossed each "natural" longitude-based
tz border.  Ship-board watches followed official ship's time as
ordered by me.

(If anyone actually cares, I do have a mini-blog of the trip on-
line at http://www.sailblogs.com/member/gentle-wind/ )