[tz] renaming the mailing list in the code and data files

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Wed May 30 01:38:50 UTC 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 3:04 AM, Mariano Absatz - el Baby
<baby at baby.com.ar> wrote:
> there's no mx record, the name is actually a cname and the target host
> doesn't even seem to be accepting packets on port 25) it might be a good
> idea to rename the list in the code and data files where it is present.
>
> I wrote 2 small patches (attached) that do this against tzdata2012c and
> tzcode2012b.
>
> I don't see much of an urgency in doing this, but we might apply the patch
> whenever we have a new set of files to release.

This has been suggested May 1
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017654.html

and urgency might be derived from the fact that bouncing has been
reported May 21
http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017908.html

and not every bounce is reported and corrections may get lost as long
as this is not fixed.

As of today, AFAICS, no reply to the mailing list from any IETF/ IANA
TZ Coordinator with regard to that.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18