[tz] Australian Timezone Abreviations - Next step

Shaun Bouckaert shaun.bouckaert at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 05:40:13 UTC 2012

After taking some time off from this issue, I've considered the next
logical step to be contacting the relevant government departments in
charge of the timezone legislation in each state. As a Queenslander I
will start with the Queensland Attorney-General, as the timezone
legislation falls under his responsibility.

I honestly believe that the only argument for the status quo on this
issue is that it's been this way for a long time. I have previously
presented many good arguments as to why it needs to be updated to
reflect what is widely used amongst government and private
organisations across the country, and what is presented by the federal
government on this page
http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time

Hopefully, with responses from the relevant state departments, this
issue can be resolved and put to bed.

Shaun