[tz] Proposal for a modern 'Collapsed' Namespace

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Oct 12 03:03:43 UTC 2012

On Oct 11, 2012, at 7:13 PM, Walter <walter.stanish at gmail.com> wrote:

>> ...which has a suffix of .tab and a media type of application/octet-stream, neither of which make it very readable by many mail user agents.
>> It's actually just plain text (with an unnecessary <pre> before it), so here it is:
>
> Each to their own.

Unfortunately, in this case, that amounts to "to each member of the mailing list perhaps some time spent trying to open the document", which is Not A Good Thing if you want people to discuss the document, which I presume you do.

> <tab> and file name were both copied from an
> existing file within the distribution.

I'm not sure why those files need

	# <pre>

at the beginning, or why they have .tab as a suffix, as I don't think that's a commonly-known file suffix.