[tz] Proposal for a modern 'Collapsed' Namespace

enh enh at google.com
Fri Oct 12 18:43:42 UTC 2012

no, that's the data i told you Android uses several posts ago! those
are localized names for the time zones. we're already all in agreement
that that's a solved problem, solved by CLDR.

i was saying that the useful thing i'm missing is _city_ names. (not
exemplar names, either. re-read my original mail.)

On Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 11:28 AM,  <Paul_Koning at dell.com> wrote:

> On Oct 12, 2012, at 1:18 PM, enh wrote:
>
>> but where are, say, the Greek localizations in that?
>
> Right here: http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/main/el.xml
>
> There are *lots* of languages there, including some not very well known ones, like http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/main/cy.xml or http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/main/chr.xml .
>
>         paul

NIO, JNI, or bionic questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.