[tz] Brazil's summer time: Tocantins is the new state on DST

Steffen Thorsen thorsen at timeanddate.com
Wed Oct 17 12:53:08 UTC 2012

On 16.10.2012 21:32, Rodrigo Severo wrote:
> This years DST time in Brazil has one (or two) new situations:
>
>   * Tocantins state will have DST. For the new time zone I believe
>     Palmas would be a good option as it's Tocantins capital and most
>     populated city.
>   * Bahia (another state) will not have DST. But I believe it havent'
>     last year already but this has to be checked.
>
> Here is a link to a news post in portuguese reporting this changes:
> http://noticias.terra.com.br/brasil/noticias/0,,OI6232536-EI306,00-TO+substitui+BA+no+horario+de+verao+economia+sera+de+R+mi.html

Now it seems that Tocantins might not observe DST after all, as told in
the article link below, but it seems a bit unclear if they are actually
able to revoke the DST or not, hopefully more details will follow.
http://surgiu.com.br/noticia/54230/governo-volta-atras-e-decide-revogar-decreto-e-retirar-o-tocantins-do-horario-de-verao.html

And by the way, Bahia did observe DST last summer, so that is a change.

Best regards,
Steffen Thorsen - timeanddate.com