[tz] Gaza and the West Bank agree on the start of winter time

Alexander Krivenyshev worldtimezone at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 23 01:09:46 UTC 2012

Steffen Thorsen <thorsen <at> timeanddate.com> writes:

> The Palestinian News & Info Agency reported on 2012-09-19 that "The
> three papers also said that the Palestinian government decided in its
> cabinet meeting on Tuesday to start winter time as of 1:00 a.m. Friday
> morning by turning the clock back one hour."
>
> http://english.wafa.ps/index.php?action=detail&id=20705
>
> There are a few other sources for the same - so, West Bank is at least
> back on standard time, and not having found any articles stating that
> Gaza is having a different date, I would assume Gaza did change the
> clocks too.
>
> Best regards,
> Steffen Thorsen - timeanddate.com

Yes, it is confirmed from Palestinian government web site
http://www.moh.gov.ps/care/index.php?
option=com_content&view=article&id=838:2012-09-20-06-18-17&catid=42:2011-11-01-
08-36-32&Itemid=61

and

http://paltoday.ps/

that
Gaza and the West Bank agree on the start of winter time on Friday morning
09.21.2012

Alexander Krivenyshev,
http://www.worldtimezone.com