[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Tue Apr 2 01:46:15 UTC 2013

I'll let you read this site, and decide whether it should be considered
more authoritative than the opinions of those trying to block this
change in the tz database.

http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time#daylightsaving

Until then, I suggest that those that would like to see the government
recommended abbreviations in their O/Ss and software work together to
provide a new patched distro that would override tz in their systems. We
could start defining a new database and format immediately, since this
issue has been left unresolved too long.