[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

Arthur David Olson arthurdavidolson at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 15:04:23 UTC 2013

One other factoid: the C language standard calls for various formatting
functions to produce "the locale’s time zone name or abbreviation, or by no
characters if no time zone is determinable."

(Some history: early draft language standards specified "time zone name;" a
proposal to change to "time zone abbreviation" was rejected; "name or
abbreviation" is where things landed.)

    @dashdashado