[tz] EST/EDT vs AEST/AEDT in AQ [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Tobias Conradi mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com
Wed Apr 17 18:16:26 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 8:03 PM,  <random832 at fastmail.us> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 17, 2013, at 13:58, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> Did anyone claim anything to the opposite? If so, could you post the
>> link to that message in the email archive?
>
> Er. Your whole line of argument with this LHHT thing has been that any
> random fact (e.g. D always means 1:00 and not 0:30) that happens to be
> true of the data today is a standard that must be adhered to.
No, I didn't claim that the consistent usage of D in %s is a random
fact. And what you write now differs from your statement that I
commented, but you deleted:
--------part 1-----------
>>>If the tz database consisted of only US timezones, it would be true
>>>"within the current tz database" that daylight savings is always D (or W
>>>or P) and never S (which means Standard time).
Did anyone claim something different?

>>> That doesn't mean there
>>>is a rule that it always _has to be_ one of those letters.
Did anyone claim there is such a rule?

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18