[tz] Request to apply patch for Russian Siberia and create Asia/Tomsk Asia/Barnaul

Tobias Conradi mail.2012 at tobiasconradi.com
Thu Apr 18 15:38:41 UTC 2013

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 11:50 PM, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:
> On 04/17/13 12:19, Tobias Conradi wrote:
>> Patch was mailed 2012-05-05
>> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017696.html
>
> There were several followup messages to that patch,
> and unfortunately I never found time to get to the
> bottom of the situation.  Apparently the patch itself
> needs a few changes before it should go in?
>  But it
> wasn't clear to me what.

I now re-read the follow-up messages, using the "Next message" links.
It seems this is mostly related to proper attribution and to
translation within the comments. AFAICS it does not affect non-comment
data.

Maybe that can be adjusted another time, so that at least zones as
required by Theory

"the world is partitioned into regions whose clocks all agree
about time stamps that occur after the somewhat-arbitrary cutoff point
of the POSIX Epoch (1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC)."

exist. If the patch is applied and I have time, I may review
translation and attribution and email a summary.

> Perhaps Arthur can comment?
I commented since I think I may have been the original reporter of
that bug and was involved in the research to solve it.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com