[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Sat Apr 20 17:22:45 UTC 2013

Actually, I am not aware of any country that officially recognizes
Jerusalem as part of Israel, except for Israel itself.

For most countries, including the USA, the status of Jerusalem is on
hold pending the completetion of a peace treaty, according to
resolutions of the UN. The largest city in recognized Israel is Tel Aviv.