[tz] Unacceptable recent changes

Marc Lehmann schmorp at schmorp.de
Fri Aug 30 10:55:59 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 03:53:57PM +0200, Petr Machata <pmachata at redhat.com> wrote:
> We occasionally revisit old data to correct them.

That is what indeed has happened in the past, but since the direction is
to remove the data, or archive it away, this would also change.

I think the whole point is that the tzdb wasn't broken before, and
only recently has started to acquire a lot of politically-motivated or
unmotivated changes.

For many tzdb users, this is the kind of instability that scares them, not
the occasional best-effort correction of old data.

      ----==-- _       generation
      --==---/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /      schmorp at schmorp.de