[tz] Dealing with Pre-1970 Data

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Sat Aug 31 15:29:54 UTC 2013

David Patte ₯ wrote:
> LMT at any longitude is a simple offset calculation from GMT. LMT = GMT +
> Longitude (as HMS)

Yes the base offset is a simple calculation. I got a bit carried away with Guy's
assertion that there couldn't be one ;)

> But Local Apparent Time (Sundial Time) is a far more complex formula based on
> the date in question and other factors.

Again, cart before horse, I'd been looking recently at time material based on
sundial mid day and looking to incorporate that into my own time management
stuff. I was getting around to the point of asking if anybody has a preferred
estimation they use but decided this was not the right venue?

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL