[tz] Australian Timezone Abreviations (Daylight Savings Time) [SEC=UNOFFICIAL]

Peter Stagg P.Stagg at bom.gov.au
Fri Feb 22 00:29:24 UTC 2013

I have resently had the clasic issue at work with strftime returning only EST, CST (Standard Time) etc. as the timezone abreviation for Australian time zones even when where in daylight savings time.

Given that the Australian Government now has offical advice as to what these abreviations should be <http://australia.gov.au/about-australia/our-country/time#daylightsaving> would it not be possible to include them in the data now?

Regards,

Peter Stagg | Web Developer, Radar Systems
 Bureau of Meteorology
Australian Meteorological Data Information Services System (AMDISS)
Bureau of Meteorology
GPO Box 1289 Melbourne VIC 3001
Level 6, 700 Collins Street, Docklands VIC 3008
Tel: +61 3 9669 4232 | Fax: +61 3 9669 4128
www.bom.gov.au