[tz] localtime.c issue

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Tue Jul 9 17:46:10 UTC 2013

On 07/09/13 07:34, Martin Burnicki wrote:
> Making double_to_time() an inline function would be better, but I'm sure this is not portable enough.

Making double_to_time inline won't be better performance-wise,
as any decent compiler nowadays will inline that function
while optimizing, even if the function is not declared to be inline.

With typical modern compilers there's little point to declaring
static functions to be inline.  Plain static is good enough;
the compiler will inline the function if it makes sense.
(extern inline is another story, but that's not the issue
here.)