[tz] Israel Daylight Saving Time -- Proposed Changes [2013 and beyond]

Ephraim Silverberg ephraim at cse.huji.ac.il
Sun Jun 23 07:51:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, 29 May 2013, I wrote:

> The draft proposal for the new Daylight Saving Time rule for Israel is:
>
>            DST will start at 02:00 a.m. on the Friday
>            before the last Sunday of March and will end
>            at 02:00 a.m. on the last Sunday of October.
>
> This proposal still has to be put before the government and then the
> legislation must pass three readings in the Knesset.  I will update
> the list as the legislation advances.

The proposal will be tabled at today's Cabinet Meeting and is expected
to be brought before the Knesset for First Reading tomorrow.  In order
for the proposal to become law, it needs to pass both Second and Third
readings, but the government has indicated that it will be brought before
the Knesset for the final readings prior to the Knesset's summer recess
so that the changes will take effect in September thus extending the
end date of the 2013 Daylight Saving Time.

I will update the list as the legislation advances.