[tz] Timezones Morocco 2013 incorrect

Tim Thornton tt at smartcomsoftware.com
Tue Mar 5 09:31:06 UTC 2013

Erik,
I agree that Ramadan is defined by the crescent of the new moon, but
depending on the branch of Islam in some cases they are happy to use the
predicted values, but in others it has to be observed, which can cause a
difference due to either simple differences in observations or things like
cloud cover. My work in this area was in software for prayer times, where
this difference is taken into account - I don't know if time zones in
countries are happy to use the predictions, or whether some of them use the
observations.
Tim

Smartcom Software Ltd
Portsmouth Technopole
Kingston Crescent
Portsmouth PO2 8FA
United Kingdom

www.smartcomsoftware.com

Smartcom Software is a limited company registered in England and Wales,
registered number 05641521.