[tz] Timezones Morocco 2013 incorrect

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Wed Mar 6 20:26:03 UTC 2013

Here's Her Majesty's Nautical Alamanac Office's opinion on the matter:
http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/moonwatch/background.html
and they point to Yallop's work here
http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/download/NAOTN69.pdf and provide a handy
calculator here
http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/surfbin/placefinder.cgi?program=Moon_Viz&ticket=89fe040c51378d89.
I think these visibility forecasts would be as authoritative as you can
expect to get. Presumably one could try to validate the rules against
these forecasts.

But you are right, it's a different matter if the forecast will prove
useful for one timezone or another.

You can try some in Stellarium to see how hard some of those first moon
sighting observations they are.