[tz] Haiti on DST

Andy Heninger aheninger at google.com
Mon Mar 11 18:27:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs.ucla.edu> wrote:

> Thanks for the heads-up.  Here's the obvious patch for this,
> which I've pushed to the github experimental version.
>
> This seems high-priority, since it affects today's time stamps,
> so I'd like to generate a new tz version soon.

Yes, an official 2012b release sooner rather than later would be very
helpful. Also for the pending Paraguay changes.

It would be so nice if countries could be convinced not to make last minute
changes, but that doesn't seem to be in the cards. Changes with lead time
measured in days or weeks rather than months cause a bit of internal
hustle, trying to get them fully deployed before the time changes take
effect, or to at least minimize the amount of time we are live with the
wrong time. Having the time zone updates released even a few days sooner in
these cases can be a big help.

If there's anything we could do to help, please let me know.

Thanks,

  -- Andy Heninger
    aheninger at google.com