[tz] tzcode2013b and tzdata2013b available

Alan Barrett apb at cequrux.com
Mon Mar 11 23:15:51 UTC 2013

On Mon, 11 Mar 2013, Tim Parenti wrote:
> Would it be possible (or reasonable) to add tz as a
> subscriber to tz-announce?  It seems I'm not the only
> one who had the understanding of an intended superset
> relationship between tz and tz-announce.  This was suggested in
> http://mm.icann.org/pipermail/tz/2012-May/017830.html shortly
> after tz-announce was first proposed.

Yes please.  I understood that tz-announce was to carry a subset
of the messages sent to tz, so that we could choose to subscribe
either to tz-announce (for only the announcements), or to tz (for
everything).  Having to subscribe to both lists to get everything
is certainly not what I want, and is also not what I thought was
going to happen when tz-announce was created.

--apb (Alan Barrett)