[tz] Error with America/Santiago?

Jonathan Berger jonathanberger at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 23:03:55 UTC 2013

I originally mailed tz at elsie.nci.nih.gov, the address listed at the top of
http://www.twinsun.com/tz/tz-link.htm but the address bounced. Is this the
correct email address?

Hello,

I believe there might be an error with the definition for
'America/Santiago'.

Actual Behavior
As of March 12, 2013 at 10:30pm UTC the tz database
reports 'America/Santiago' to be CLT-0400.

Expected Behavior
>From looking at Wikipedia, WorldTime.com, and TimeAndDate.com, all three
agree that 'America/Santiago' should be at CLST-0300 for March 12, 2013 at
10:30pm UTC.

I'm basing this report on the version of the tz database included in the
Python library pytz-2012j which was released on 2013-01-03. I have not yet
checked the source tz database files. I'm hoping someone on this list can
help.

Thanks,
Jonathan