[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

Zoidiasoft Technologies tech at astrology-x-files.com
Sun Mar 31 02:00:24 UTC 2013

I think it is somewhat dishonest to use this as an argument not to
change them. If you don't use them, and don't care about them, why do
you care about keeping them the same?

-------

Because we don't want to work ourselves to death with constant changes.
Someone will complain that we caved and will insist on changing it back to
what it was before or someone else will come in and say it was changed the
wrong way.  Until there is an agreed upon standard there will be no
stability; so to not change is the best move.  When everybody in Australia
comes to an agreement on what those abbreviations should be, let us know.

Sincerely,
Curtis Manwaring