[tz] Ambiguous abbreviations for Australian timezones when daylight savings is in affect

Tobias Conradi tobias.conradi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 21:45:24 UTC 2013

On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 8:12 PM, Russ Allbery <rra at stanford.edu> wrote:
> Tobias Conradi <tobias.conradi at gmail.com> writes:
> [So if we did change them to a new set,]
>>> we could well end up getting the same argument again,
>
>> By that reasoning you could oppose any change.
>
> Indeed, which is exactly the point.
I wonder how likely the "same argument" is, if the base for the
argument has changed.

And how likely it is to get the "same argument" if the base did not change.

>  Standards are the most useful when
> they don't change.
A set of acronyms as a standard?

I would like to see who would use the "most useful set/standard" in
case the number of real world zones per country grows.

--
Tobias Conradi
Rheinsberger Str. 18

http://tobiasconradi.com/