[tz] tabs vs spaces

random832 at fastmail.us random832 at fastmail.us
Fri May 3 16:54:21 UTC 2013

On Fri, May 3, 2013, at 12:46, Russ Allbery wrote:
> random832 at fastmail.us writes:
>
> > Or maybe all that authority is delegated to the TZ coordinator.
>
> I suspect this was the intention.  That's the way that the TZ project had
> always worked since its inception, and one of the goals when moving this
> process under the partial aegis of of IANA was to change as little as
> possible.  After all, the existing process had been working fine for many
> years.

I guess my main objection is to the recently suggested idea that
documentation that has always been part of the distribution and which
has no adequate formally-IANA-approved replacement somehow lacks
"official standing".

The solution is to either find a way to prove it has always had official
standing (the TZ coordinator has continued including these files in the
release), or to invent a process by which to give it official standing
(maybe with a quality review and rewrites/reorganization somewhere in
that process)