[tz] Proposal to use Asia/Tel_Aviv for Israel - Jerusalem is not internationally recognized as part of Israel

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Tue May 7 18:50:47 UTC 2013

This issue is very different than the Falklands, Taiwan, or Tibet, or
Quebec or Texas for that matter. The SIGNIFICANT difference here is that
world bodies that are mandated to decide on such political issues have
ALREADY come to a decision on this - Jerusalem is not part of Israel,
Israel's declaration is 'null and void'. And since that time, no country
recognizes Jerusalem as part of Israel.

Perhaps, because of your distate for politics, you may have missed that
point. Listing Jerusalem as part of Israel has ALREADY been rejected by
everyone; save Israel and the tz database.

By leaving the database as is, the tz database is, inadvertantly or not,
making a political statement - an extreme one, and one contrary to world
concensus.