[tz] Israel

David Patte ₯ dpatte at relativedata.com
Tue May 7 20:29:53 UTC 2013

I will suggest, as I did a month ago for Australia, that we prepare an
alternate patch for the tz database - this time for Israel.

We can prepare it offline, to cut down on the noise here, and submit it
for approval to the maintainers of the tz database, for their perusal.

In the mean time, I am willing to host the preparation and patch on my
own site and ftp server.

The goal in the patch will be to try to follow the decisions re
Jerusalem mandated by the UN security council, the UN general assembly,
and accepted by all countries in the world (save Israel), which is to
consider Israel's unilateral declaration of Jerusalem as its own as
'null and void', and fully remove Jerusalem as being listed within
Israel. Those that consider this decision valuable could then apply it
to the tz database themselves.

Please contact me offline if you would like more information on how to
contribute to this patch, or how to access the result.