[tz] On merging timezones - a radical proposal.

gunther vermeir gunther.vermeir at oracle.com
Thu May 23 15:41:54 UTC 2013

+1

If there is indeed an "easier to maintain gain" by simply linking
certain time zones to one that has the same definition , no problems
there. Aldo I doubt to see much added value in doing so, most likely it
are rather stable definitions anyway.
While the "official" boundary is 1970 I would personally not want to get
rid of any historical info (pre 1970) that is already there if this is done.

Gunther