[tz] Time zone in the news

Andrew Paprocki andrew at ishiboo.com
Mon Nov 18 23:06:23 UTC 2013

As a NYC resident, I can assure you we follow US time :)

Just for completeness, here's the link to the actual law on the NY state
website:

http://public.leginfo.state.ny.us/LAWSSEAF.cgi?QUERYTYPE=LAWS+&QUERYDATA=$$ADC2-106$$@TXADC02-106+&LIST=LAW+&BROWSER=BROWSER+&TOKEN=53166508+&TARGET=VIEW

    §  2-106  Daylight  saving time; effect thereof on public proceedings.
  The standard time throughout the  city  of  New  York  is  that  of  the
  seventy-fifth  meridian of longitude west from Greenwich, except that at
  two o'clock ante-meridian of the last Sunday in April of each year  such
  standard time throughout the city shall be advanced one hour, and at two
  o'clock  ante-meridian  of the last Sunday in October of each year, such
  standard time shall, by the retarding of one hour, be  returned  to  the
  mean  astronomical  time of the seventy-fifth meridian of longitude west
  from Greenwich, and all courts, public offices and  legal  and  official
  proceedings shall be regulated thereby.

-Andrew