[tz] Our Palestinian New Time Zone

Brian Inglis Brian.Inglis at systematicsw.ab.ca
Tue Oct 1 05:47:27 UTC 2013

On 2013-09-30 23:42, Brian Inglis wrote:
> On 2013-09-30 16:53, Paul Eggert wrote:
>> David Braverman wrote:
>>> MSDN documentation says they're using the IANA database, so I would assume
>>> it's a typo in the docs.
>>
>> Could well be, but if so the same typo is in the documentation for
>> DateTimeFormatter.Format(DateTime, String)
>> <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/Apps/dn264145.aspx>.
>>
>> Anyway this documentation is marked "preliminary"
>> and "subject to change", so it's probably premature
>> to add Windows to our list of implementations
>> <http://www.iana.org/time-zones/repository/tz-link.html>.
>
> Their are at least three other hits in their docs:
>
> so I have requested they correct their time zone name references and let the
> list know of appropriate links to their products using IANA time zones.

Correction - looks like 20 hits across all of their sites:
Results 1-20 of 20 for: "IANA Time Zone Database"
Library
Calendar.GetTimeZone | getTimeZone method (Preliminary)‎
The identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database that identifies the time zone
that is used by this Calendar object.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.gettimezone.aspx
Stack Overflow
I need a list of cities and the corresponding timezone for an ...‎
for completion's sake: This list is just a PHP implementation of the IANA Time
Zone Database, but I'm sure you can access it somehow in most programming languages.
stackoverflow.com/questions/600359
Stack Overflow
datetime - How does the Go programming language handle dates and ...‎
Information on the IANA Time Zone Database, including implementation details, is
described in the code repository. – peterSO Mar 18 at 7:17.
stackoverflow.com/questions/15470768/how-does-the-go-programming...
Library
Calendar.ChangeTimeZone | changeTimeZone method (Preliminary)‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.globalization.calendar.changetimezone.aspx
Stack Overflow
php - Date, Time, DSL and Timezone information handling - Stack ...‎
... IANA Time Zone Database or Olson database internally. (Although it is
possible to feed it timezone data from another database of course.) ...
stackoverflow.com/questions/15456961/date-time-dsl-and-timezone...
Stack Overflow
php - Setting MySQL timezone for session - Stack Overflow‎
But often the better approach is to only store UTC times in your database. You
can do timezone translations directly in PHP using the DateTime and DateTimeZone
classes.
stackoverflow.com/questions/18853820/setting-mysql-timezone-for...
Stack Overflow
Get Timezone from City in Python/Django - Stack Overflow‎
pytz is a wrapper around IANA Time Zone Database (Olson database). It does not
contain data to map an arbitrary city in the world to the timezone it is in.
stackoverflow.com/questions/16505501/get-timezone-from-city-in...
Stack Overflow
c# - Why am i getting this timezone error and is there a better ...‎
618 times. active. 7 months ago. Get the weekly newsletter! Top questions and
answers; Important announcements; Unanswered questions; see an example newsletter.
stackoverflow.com/questions/15189381/why-am-i-getting-this...
Library
Calendar.Calendar(IIterable(String), String, String, String ...‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time). Remarks.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn264115.aspx
Library
DateTimeFormatter.Format(DateTime, String) | format(DateTime ...‎
An identifier from the IANA Time Zone Database which identifies the time zone
that should be used (for example, "Americas/Los_Angeles" for Pacific Time).
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn264145.aspx
Stack Overflow
c# - Converting DateTime from specific timezone to UTC - missing ...‎
This is a strategy that will make adjustments when ambiguous or invalid times
are applied. There is also AtStrictly, which will throw exceptions in those
scenarios.
stackoverflow.com/questions/18078804/converting-datetime-from...
Stack Overflow
.net - TimeZoneInfo.ConvertTimeFromUtc does not consider DST ...‎
As a quick plug, if you want to use the IANA time zone database from .NET, you
might want to consider using my Noda Time library instead. share | improve this
answer.
stackoverflow.com/questions/16303116/timezoneinfo-converttimefrom...
Stack Overflow
javascript - How can I serialize Ruby's TZInfo data? - Stack Overflow‎
Use a library on both the server and the client that implement the same version
of the IANA time zone database. The current version (as I am writing this) is
2013c ...
stackoverflow.com/questions/16972427/how-can-i-serialize-rubys...
Stack Overflow
django - AWS is out of sync with Israeli time - causing security ...‎
Israel's time zone changes are accounted for in the 2013d version of the IANA
time zone database. In Python, this is implemented via pytz.
stackoverflow.com/questions/18737883/aws-is-out-of-sync-with...
Stack Overflow
Java SystemV timezones and JodaTime - Stack Overflow‎
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IANA_time_zone_database#Files_in_tzdata;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_V; share | improve this answer. answered May
22 '12 at 6:52.
stackoverflow.com/questions/10684563/java-systemv-timezones-and...
Stack Overflow
timezone - time zones in POSIXct and xts, converting from GMT in R ...‎
I have a bunch of 1 minute returns in an xts object with the index being POSIXct
and time zone being GMT. The returns are on NYSE so I would like to convert to
the ...
stackoverflow.com/questions/11917185/time-zones-in-posixct-and-xts...
Stack Overflow
android - Titanium - How can I get always a specific timezone and ...‎
In particular, Sao Paulo is represented by the America/Sao_Paulo time zone in
the IANA time zone database. This zone alternates between -3 and -2, as shown here.
stackoverflow.com/questions/18085946/titanium-how-can-i-get-always...
Stack Overflow
php - What are the "standard" timezone abbreviations? - Stack Overflow‎
... are controlled by politicians in every country of the world. There are
updates released multiple times per year to the IANA time zone database.
stackoverflow.com/questions/18405262/what-are-the-standard...
Stack Overflow
timezone - Javascript display various time zones - Stack Overflow‎
To do it properly, you will need a library that implements the IANA time zone
database. I list several of them here. For example, ...
stackoverflow.com/questions/18645788/javascript-display-various...
Stack Overflow
c# - Compensating for TimeZone offsets while running Quartz jobs ...‎
Alternatively, you could use the more standard IANA time zone database, with a
library such as Noda Time. When working with DateTime types, ...
stackoverflow.com/questions/17079004/compensating-for-timezone...