[tz] Dealing with Pre-1970 Data

Paul Eggert eggert at cs.ucla.edu
Sun Sep 1 16:28:55 UTC 2013

Stephen Colebourne wrote:
> There are two real issues in the threads -
> (1) what to do about pre-1970 data in general (where I object to its
> deletion as part of merging IDs)

We appear to have consensus that this data should not be deleted,
so this no longer appears to be an active issue.

> (2) the removal of the 16 year old rule wrt one zone per ISO-3166 code
> The "Move links" stuff is about (2), not (1).

The "Move links" stuff did not change any zones,
so it would not be affected by a "one zone per ISO-3166 code"
guideline.  And as I mentioned in a previous email, the older
guideline was not "one zone per ISO-3166 code".