[tz] tz dependency lat & lng

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 19:06:09 UTC 2013

Paul Eggert wrote:
> Guy, thanks for reviewing that part of tz-link.htm.
> I think Derick Rethans earlier mentioned that new web page too.
> I pushed the following to add a pointer to it and to
> try to address the other issues you mentioned.

It is important to point out that neither of this are accurate around the edges.
In many places due to the simplified shapes the wrong timezone is returned so
one has to take care. Not too bad if you are looking at the overlay and map and
select the right side of the line, but using the shapes with software may give
wrong answers.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL