[tz] tz dependency lat & lng

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 21:46:37 UTC 2013

Guy Harris wrote:
> If all you have is longitude and latitude, you're going to have to do a geometric search.

Have you tried?
Search for Connecticut
Now just like TZ, this is still work in progress to get the fine details, but a
geometric search within that relation will be able at some point to respond with
the timezone of this relation, unless a lower level relation provides it first.
The debate at the moment in relation to historic data is if start and end dates
should control the visibility of data on the main map. It will on the historic
version, but the base map just returns 'today'.

If someone has time to write a search routine that will access the API and
return the timezone then we could have a location tool. All the data is there as
usual it's just time which is needed :( Oh for that time machine ...

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL