[tz] Rules for TZ+ database

Patrice Scattolin patrice.scattolin at oracle.com
Fri Sep 6 14:44:30 UTC 2013

Planetwide UTC isn't happening.

So having given that up, it's your choice as to how you store the
information you need with your calendar. What is clear is that in order
to deal automatically with changing DST rules a meeting needs to be
coded with it's local timezone known to determine to which meeting a
change needs to be made if any. How you do that is an implementation
choice.

I am not suggesting a change in how dates are exchanged between agents.
Both UTC dates and local time dates have their advantages and disadvantages.

--

Oracle Email Signature Logo
Patrice Scattolin | Principal Member Technical Staff | 514.905.8744